Sunday, December 19, 2010

THE SHELF

  Sorry I did not post yesterday, I was super busy, and the holidays are catching up on me. I didn't get home until late, and I wasn't even at my house the night before! Anyway, fellow readers, it is great pride that I present you with........................

                          THE SHELF!
  
 Welcome to my post about THE SHELF! Maybe some of you are wondering what the shelf is. In case you are, I will explain, but I will firstly make an obvious comment. THE SHELF is awesome. Basically, there's books that you would rate five stars, you really enjoyed them, and you'd love to read them again. Then there's the books that you love to bits, they are above five stars, and they will always hold a special place in your heart. THE SHELF has those type of books. The books that I love so much, I might not even write a review for them, since I cannot find the words. There are only ever a few books to end up on THE SHELF, and it is very rarely I come across one. So, here are the books that are on my favourites-love-to-bits shelf, which I call THE SHELF:

 1. The Harry Potter books, 1-7 by J.K. Rowling: To be honest, I love these books to bits, and have read them so many times I can't even count. I did go to a midnight release for the 7th, since I wasn't into them before the release of the 6th. (Gasp, I know.) Also, I can't even begin to find the words for what these books mean to me, so I won't be writing reviews for them. These hold such a special place in my heart. (And, I know, that's dramatic, but I hope you as book readers understand that.)

2. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: Another series that means so much to me, but I can find the words. These books I can find the words for, and you can find my reviews for them over at the REVIEWS page.  When I finished the third book, Mockingjay, I walked around feeling empty for hours. I love these books to bits too, they changed how I view my life, and they, too, hold a special place in my heart.

3. Matched by Ally Condie: This book took my breath away. It, too, changed how I view my life, and I loved this book for the amazing dystopian world it is set in, and the writing, which is amazing.

 There are alot of books that are just below THE SHELF, more than five stars, but are not as amazing as the books on it. But they are amazing books, books that you should check out. A few of those are:

1. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Loved these books!)
2. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (This one I am considering putting on THE SHELF. Amazing writing and description, and it emotionally moved me!)
4. The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (These books are yummy!)
  

No comments: