Monday, January 17, 2011

Lock and Key

Lock and Key
Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 422
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 After her mom vanished in a stench of drugs and alcohol, Ruby continued to live in the family house alone. Finally found out, the introspective teenager is sent to the luxurious home of her older sister, Cora, whom she hadn't seen in ten years. Everything there seems unfamiliar, uncomfortable, and supremely weird: her fancy new room; her lavish new wardrobe; the exclusive private school where she never quite fits in. Most mysterious of all is Nate, the friendly boy next door who seems to have a deep secret of his own. Another subtle character-driven teen novel by Sarah Dessen, the author of Just Listen and That Summer.

My Review:
 A really great book from the awesome Sarah Dessen. I enjoyed Lock and Key a lot!

 I can't say it's my favourite Sarah Dessen book I've read yet-I enjoyed the other books I'v read by her more, but I still did really like it. The reason I didn't enjoy it was because I found that the middle of the book trailed off. Well, it did for me. I did not trail off a whole lot, but I did find parts where I was okay with putting the book down. But, never fear! (Yes, that was incredibly cheesy.) There were alot of other aspects to Lock and Key that I did enjoy.

 For example, I really did love Nate. Sarah Dessen has a talent for making believable, but totally gorgeous, sweet boys. Nate was another Sarah Dessen boy that I fell in love with.

 I did like the other characters a lot too. Ruby was an intriguing main character, and I did enjoy reading in her opinion. She was very relatable in some ways, but not as relatable in others. It was interesting, though, because though she was very believable, she was also unique, and it was nice to read about her for her differences, or things I couldn't realate too. Other characters such as Cora, Jamie and Olivia each held a part of the story and were great to read about too.

 I also just loved the ending. It was romantic in some ways, and bittersweet in others. It was my favorite part of the book, and totally tied the book up in a nice big bow.

 Yet another good book by Sarah Dessen, and though it wasn't my favourite, I still really enjoyed it. If you like Sarah Dessen, you should totally pick this up.

No comments: