Recently, I finished what is now one of my favourite series of all time. I can't find the words to create a review for each book, but I hope in good time I will. I can't say why I took such a long time to start reading them, and I wish I'd picked them up sooner. But, without more words, my new favourite series.....
10 REASONS VAMPIRE ACADEMY ROCKS MY WORLD:
1. Dimitri. "Dimka." I don't have to say anything else. (Only that he has stolen my heart forever!)
2. Rose is the best kick-butt female lead EVER.
3. These books stirred up a lot of emotions for me-I cried, I laughed, I screamed, I yelled.
4. There is an awesome cast of well-layered, well thought-out characters.
5. Vampire Academy has the best take on vampires-it's not cheesy at all, and is mainly based on Romanian Folklore.
6. There's tons of action and fierce fight scenes.
7. There's a love triangle going on-and though I almot never do this, I found myself actually liking/feeling sorry for the underdog. (In this case, Adrian.)
8. There's lost of plot twists and surprises in this series.
9. There's also lots of humor, and I laughed LOTS.
10. There's plenty of romance that fit well into the books.
Another thing (yeah, another) that I loved about this series was the fact that Richelle Mead combines so many elements that are all well-done into one series. She crosses boundaries, leaping from one genre to another, and I couldn't love this series more.
So, if you haven't picked this series up......Stop. Drop everything. Go find a copy. And read.