Monday, February 28, 2011

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Sisters Red
Author: Jackson Pearce
Pages: 324
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.
Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?

My Review:
I loved this book. Sisters Red was an awesome ride that I did not want to say goodbye to.

 I would like to start by saying that I loved the characters of Scarlett and Rosie. Scarlett was fierce and headstrong, while Rosie was a little more gentle and more of a typical teenager. But they worked well together, and they got along. I loved watching them as sisters; their issues, their happy memories, their relationship. It makes me wish I had a sister more than I already do.

 Sisters Red was also a very creative take and twist on Red Riding Hood. I actually didn't realise it was at first, and then I was on Goodreads, looking at reviews, and somebody mentioned it. Wow. It's incredibly woven into the plot; Jackson Pearce is an extremely clever writer.

 The plot was pretty crazy. I loved it. There was tons of action going on; between the characters, as well as the fights and battles against the wolves. There were definitely lots of twists, especially towards the end, and there were many things I wasn't expecting, making me give a little shriek.

I also absolutely LOVED the ending. It was a little bittersweet, but I think I liked it that way, since it made for such a great ending. In fact, it was perect. It was a nice change from the endings of most YA books nowadays, it's not predictable, and it was awesome especially for a stand-alone novel.

 Sisters Red was not just great. It was amazing. Jackson Pearce, you've made a fan out of me!

No comments: