Sunday, March 13, 2011

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Captivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Need #2
Pages: 273
Published by Bloomsbury USA
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.


My Review:
Wow wow wowzers! Captivate sucked me in and left me wanting a lot more.

 I really enjoyed Need, and after reading Captivate, which I enjoyed reading even more, I might add, I am a huge fan of this series. This series is highly addicting, people, and you'll totally want moreafter reading! (And if you haven't picked up this series before, do it. Seriously.)

 I've always loved the pixie-theme that sourrounds these books. With the backdrop of a sleepy, cold Maine town, you have a perfect curl-up-under-the-covers, creepy kind of a book. But I loved how Captivate was so much more! The author has added more than just pixies and weres, with references and tie-ins to Norse mythology, which I loved to read about. I really can't wait to see what Carrie Jones, the author, has in store next for us! So far, it's always been a total surprise, with sharp turns and twists, and now, with all this awesome new 'stuff' they've added in has pretty much stopped me from even trying to guess.

 I also really enjoyed the characters in Need. I loved Zara, Nick, and their group of friends. Captivate does not dissapoint with the great group of characters, which I continue to love. But Carrie Jones has also introduced a brand-new character, who is incredibly intriguing and by far my new fav: Astley. Gosh, I loved that pixie king. He was so interesting and a very mysterious and complex character. I do love Nick, but I think I love Astley more! Team Astley, but Zara can have Nick, and I can have Astley all to myself!

 Overall, Captivate was a great sequel, and even better than the first. I can't wait for the next book, to see how everything works out. Especially with that heart-breaking, killer ending, I am hungrily waiting more!

No comments: