Thursday, April 7, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372
Published by Dutton
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
  Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?
My Review:
 Three words about Anna and the French Kiss: hilarious, romantic, and heart warming! (Okay, technically four words.) This book is just so darn good, it deserves so many words. It's freaking awesome!

 When I finished this book, I sat there and though about what made it so good. I loved so many things in this book, but it's just good for some reason I can not grasp. It's one of those books that you are drawn into, and you love, but you just don't know why you love it. But be prepared for a great book that will sweep you in, and Anna and the French Kiss will leave you captivated and wanting more. I, for one, can't wait for Stephanie Perkin's second novel, Lola and the Boy Next Door, which is a companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, out September 29th 2011.

 This book may be a book that's just great, that's the explination, but there are so many reasons why I love it.  Etienne St. Clair is a pretty obvious reason. (Who could not fall in love with that guy?!) *Warning...love struck girl, here!*

I also loved Anna's group of friends. They are so much fun, and so funny! I felt as if I was standing there right with them...and I was a part of their group too. They were the awesomest group of friends ever in a book, and I can't get over this.....so quirky and HILARIOUS!

Speaking of *HILARIOUS* , that's what this book is. HILARIOUS. Not "hilarious," but HILARIOUS. There were so many parts that had me giggling, and then triple the amount of parts that had me howling at loud! I love love loved the humor in Anna and the French Kiss, and I know everyone who reads this will want to read it over and over for a good cheer up! (I know I will!)

 This book was everything you could want with a contemporary novel. Hilarious, romantic, reliastic. I really loved this book (among tons of other things,) because the contemporary genre of this novel was so realistic. The characters, the plot, it was all realistic. Everything was believable, and I felt like this novel could have walked right into the real world.

The setting in Paris was pretty awesome, too! I loved how so many historic and amazing landmarks were mentioned, and they played a big part in the different places of the novel. It was such a romantic setting and I loved it! (And I will repeat that over and over again.)

Overall, Anna and the French Kiss was one of the best books I have ever read in contemporary. I wouldn't classify it as "cute," because it's so much more than that...but it is. It's fluffy and cute, but romantic and awesome. A book of so many layers. Love love love (to the power of loved,) this book!

No comments: