Friday, May 27, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julia Kagawa

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)

The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 359
Published by Harlequin Teen
The Iron Fey #2
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Grade: A

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My Review:

Awesome! I love love loved it! (And Ash...*heart eyes!*) Didn't your heart just melt at the end! Mine did....Kagawa did not fail to impress me with an original plot, a great heroine, some humor, and sensational faerie lore!)

I was a big fan of the first book....the faery world is something that I am familiar with, but the author did not fail to impress and surprise me. She made the Nevernever seem so original. I was so glad to be immersed into this amazing faery world again. I loved how Kagawa continued to explore the world of faery, and we got to meet many new, surprising and entertaining parts of the NeverNever.

The awesome cast of characters was back! I have always loved this very colorful and entertaining cast of characters, so I welcomed them back warmly. Grimalkin and Puck were as hilarious and entertaining as ever, and I really loved the addition of Ironhorse joining the gang. I loved Ash as much as any love struck girl.

It was great having Meghan back as she is such a fierce and strong main character, but she's still easy to relate to. Even though she's half-faery, she just has this sense of normal to her that makes me glad, since it's easier to get inside her head. She was a little bit wimpy at the start of this book, but after a bit you get the kick-butt Meghan back.

The plot was addictive, and I read this book in about a day! It was fast-paced and had my heart pounding. I absolutely loved all the twists and turns.

Everything about this book was awesomeness. Sigh. I want more.

No comments: