Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)

Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Pages: 340
Paranormalcy #2
Other Titles in Series: Paranormalcy
Published by HarperTeen
Source: ARC from publisher
Release Date: July 26th 2011
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Grade: A

Summary: (From Goodreads)
  Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.

My Review:
Wow! Five stars! Five PINK stars, just for Evie. I loved Supernaturally just as much as a loved Paranormalcy, probably even a little more. I was blessed enough that HarperTeen sent me an ARC of this book, and can I say THANK YOU thank you thank you. I loved this book, and I am so glad they sent it to me.

I loved the characters even more in Supernaturally. I've always loved them, since they're such a colorful bunch. Evie is one of those characters that I really admire. Sometimes I think it would be so cool to be here, no matter what she says. She's a character that you can really relate to, but also stands up for herself and fights back. She's a let's-kick-butt type of character, which I totally loved about her. And who can not fall for Lend?

I loved the character of Jack. He is one of the most intriguing characters I have ever run into in a book.....he was mysterious and HILARIOUS. I laughed and chuckled and chortled when he was around. He and Ren, another character who is super mysterious, really mixed things up and gave Supernaturally that extra touch.

And talking about mixing it up......The plot was intense. Man, was it ever. And that last bit.....the total plot twist.....WOAH! That one threw me for a loop! I was totally not expecting this. The plot overall was spectacular. Kiersten did an impressive job of blending humor, good characterization, and a pretty intense and fantastically supernatural plot.

Overall, a fantastic sequel to Paranormalcy. I loved this book and read it quite fast, though I did not want it to end. I can't wait for more! Five SPARKLY pink stars.

No comments: