Saturday, July 2, 2011

Days of Harry Potter: Favorite Parts (Day Two)

For the first post in 'Days of Harry Potter,' I decided to post about my favorite parts in the Harry Potter books. I'll do books 1-4 today, then books 5-7 the next or second next post. The parts can include specific lines or chapters, or just general sections. This is not even a quarter of a review for each book, but I don't think I'll ever write reviews for these books; they're too close to my heart. The reviews would end up being 900 or more words! 

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Book 1)
Favorite Part #1: Chapter 5 called Diagon Alley! I absolutely love all the bits and pieces Harry gets to learn about the wizarding world.

Favorite Part #2: Mainly the chapter called The Mirror of Erised, but all the parts with Harry experiencing freedom with the invisibility cloak! I loved reading about him trapezing around the castle at night!

Favorite Part #3: Harry, Ron and Hermione's hands on experience with Norbert, a baby dragon that the Hogwarts' game keeper Hagrid raises.


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Book 2)

#1. The clever plot in this novel, and how everything collided together for a twisting type of plot at the end.

#2. Creating the polyjuice potion with Moaning Myrtle around! Not to mention actually taking the polyjuice potion....

#3. Gilderoy Lockhart! He's so self-centered, but it was funny seeing everybody either charmed or disgusted by his charms!


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Book Three)

#1. The Marauder's Map! I absolutely adored reading about it!
#2. The secret Hogsmeade villages.
#3. The Divination and Care of Magical Creatures classes! There were brand new classes to find out about! They each had a very different type of magical feel for each, but they were both fantabulous!


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Book Four)

#1. The Triwizard Tournament! Specifically with the first two challenges, but also with this third, this element of the Goblet of Fire was awesome!

#2. The bit of sensual tension between the guys and the girls! It was hilarious watching Ron and Harry navigate it. I find it funny, specifically since I'm a girl, but it might not actually be funny for the guys!

#3. The Yule Ball! I loved the atmosphere of it; at least the way I imagined it.


In all four books, I have to add a fourth category. Hogwarts! It has so much magical charm. I wish I could have gone there. Not like that's possible, but any Harry Potter fan has to agree that it would be awesome!

No comments: