Monday, October 24, 2011

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)

Beautiful Chaos
Authors: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The Caster Chronicles #3
Other Titles In Series: Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness
Pages: 518
Published by Little, Brown
Release Date: October 18th 2011
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?
For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.
Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

My Review:

It's taken me all day to come up with a good way to start this review, and it's still not good. But, here goes:

WOAH. Another fantabulous explosion of awesome! Beautiful Chaos was an amazing edition to The Caster Chronicles series. After waiting a year for it, by the time I had it in my hands I was shaking. I tore through the pages, and finished in two days. If you like this series, I would recommend heading to your bookstore right now. Right now.

I can't say which book is my favorite in the series....I have it narrowed down between Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos, but I think I'm leaning more towards this one. We pick up about a month where Beautiful Darkness left off. It's the first day of school for Ethan, Linkubus (Link the Incubus,) Lena, and Ridley. There is record breaking heat waves and bugs called lubbers that have taken over the foliage in Gatlin. There has been significant changes since Lena broke the Order.

I adored the characters just as much as I have in the past! Actually, probably more so.....Though I liked Lena in the past books, she never failed to really annoy me. But she was so much more bearable in the book, which was nice. My absolute favorite characters in this series are Liv and John Breed, and this book just proved why!There was more of them in this book, and nothing made me happier. John was that mysterious bad boy....who I am now in love with after this book. Link was even more awesome sauce.....I'm gonna leave it at that. (Okay, I know this seems stupid, but a certain catfight was one of my favorite scenes. Go Liv!)

The plot and atmosphere of Beautiful Chaos were two things that really knocked me out! The atmosphere was, again, very Southern, but also quite creepy and gothic. Returning to Gatlin was a welcoming idea. But I also loved the few scenes in New Orleans....freaky voodoo....but so cool! The plot was a big whirlwind that had me quite shaken. I kept flipping the pages, and there was no way to stop.

This book was over way too soon. All of a sudden, I was staring at the last page thinking, "excuse me? What exactly just happened!?" That ending.....WOW. But now I have to wait a year for the last book. That;s not so fun. Overall, Beautiful Chaos was another gothic, creative, and amazing book by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

No comments: