Friday, December 31, 2010

The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine
Author: Bree Despain
The Dark Divine #1
Pages: 372
My Rating: 5/5

Summary: (From Goodreads)
A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret


Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.

My Review:

 I loved this book, and I think it was one of the best books I read this summer. The Dark Divine definitely makes my list of favorites! Maybe it seems like another typical Twilight copy, but it wasn't. It was way better. The Dark Divine was fast paced, entertaining, dark, and Daniel is way better than Edward. (Hands down!)

 I really liked how there was so much mysterey in this book. I could never guess exactly what Daniel was, or what was going to happen. The plot was very woven into the story, and it was always full of action. I could never wait to find out what would happen next.

 Once I did figure out what Daniel is, the big secret he's hiding, I was just drawn even more. For this review, I can't say much, for fear of spoilers, but I loved how there was so much clear, background information on what Daniel is. It's quite riveting, and though he's something you've seen before (but I promise no vamps,) it seemed so original. The take on it is very different. I was also very happy that it was so hard to guess.

 The characters were just awesome! I think I liked Grace because she was so average, just the girl next door. But I also liked how she wanted to be more than that, and she lived up to it. She's very courageous and brave, and I did like her as a main character. Before I talk about Daniel (I could gush about him, but I promise not to,) I'm just going to say the other characters such as Jude were entertaining, and they all played a big part. Jude annoyed me alot, but I do have to say that he was dark and interesting, and I want more of him in the next book. As for Daniel............a total hearthrob. One of my favorite guys ever in books.

 The Dark Divine was an awesome, dark, riveting book! It's classified for me as absolutely addicting. I can't wait for book two, The Lost Saint.

No comments: