Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hush, Hush


Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Book #1 in the Hush, Hush series
Pages: 391
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary: (From Goodreads)
  For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
 
My Review:
Hush, Hush is a read that left me absolutely breathless. Excellent, Exciting, and Enticing are three words I would use to describe it. It's a book that gives off such a sense of danger, and Hush, Hush had my heart pumping and blood roaring in my ears. There was this constant chilling going down my back throughout this book.
  The plot in Hush, Hush was one of the things that I loved most. It was well done and entertaining, and there were many things that I was not expecting. I can admit there were also a few things that were quite obvious, but then they would turn into something unexpected. The plot was wickedly awesome, twist after twist after twist. The chapters were always all filled with something exciting or dangerous, and I could not stop myself from flipping through the pages at rapid speed.
  Hush, Hush had great characterization. It is a real compliment to the author that she made such believable characters, that you could actually feel the emotion of. I didn't think I would like Nora, since she was such an average character. But I did enjoy her. Maybe it's because she's okay to turn around and face danger head on, no matter how scared she is. I also liked her because she seemed so book smart, but not that smart about anything else. Patch. Well........Yum. I loved Patch. He was mysterious and dark and intriguing. Besides that, his and Nora's relationship was enjoyable to read about, and I, again, loved how the author wrote in their emotions, and you could really feel them. Also, there was a great cast of secondary characters, including Nora's best friend, Vee, and some super creep but alluring guys who I knew there was something up about them from the start.
 Overall, this was an awesome book. The author, Becca Fitzpatrick did an amazing job of telling a very entertaining and spinne-tingling story. She has great writing, and the talent of creating awesome books. So, for now, I'll just say......... PATCH!

No comments: