Friday, December 10, 2010

Rumors


Rumors
Author: Anna Godbersen
The Luxe Series Book #2
Pages: 432
My Rating: 4/5stars

My Review:

  After a goodbye to Manhattan's society star, Elizabeth Holland, New York City of 1899 has it's eyes on the people who were closest to her: the fiance she left behind, her sister Diana, and her "best friend" Penelope Hayes. This is the second book in the series that started with The Luxe, and in Rumours, old friends will become ememies, choices will be made, and not everybody will end up happy, or alive.

  Rumors was a great sequel to The Luxe, and there were some elements that I liked better in it than The Luxe.

  Let's start with the characters. All those entertaining, scandalous characters are back, and I welcomed them all back with open arms. I was excited to hear more from each, but I also wanted to see Elizabeth and Will happy, and Diana following her heart to Henry. I was satisified! The love stories in these books are so romantic, and so sweet and is always something that I wish on seeing. In Rumors, you watch the characters follow their hearts, and the stories were epic. The characters also were out to their scheming, and I shuddered on how those characters could tear eachother apart.

  The amazing setting of Old New York is back! This has definitely become one of my favourite series, specifically because of the love stories, and the gorgeous setting. I loved how it is described, and I did find myself wishing more then once that I could be transported back in time to NYC of 1899. I loved the atmosphere, and all the gorgeous gowns, the dashing men, and the old houses. There is something so entertaining and immortalizing about this unique setting.

 As for the ending, *NO SPOILERS,* I promise, but it was such a heartbreaking ending. I was almost and tears, and I am hoping so badly that things will turn around in the next book, Envy.

 This was such a great sequel, and I am looking forward to more!

No comments: