Saturday, December 11, 2010

Crescendo


Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Hush, Hush Book #2
Pages: 427
My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Review:
 Crescendo is the second book in the heart-pumping, spine-tingling series that started with Hush, Hush. Something is driving Nora and Patch apart, and as scary figures lurk around in the back ground, Nora learns chilling and terrifying new secrets about Patch, fallen angels, and about the night her dad was murdered.

 Crescendo exceeded my expectations. I didn't think that this series could get better than Hush, Hush, which I absolutely loved. But it did! Crescendo has blood bumping, chilling scenes that left me wanting more. Though it is a darker book, full of mysterey, there was a light bit of humor, which spiced up this book just right.

 I like to do this, but I'll get my one complaint over first, and then tell you how good Crescendo is. It bugged me how Nora got angry, and broke up with Patch so quickly. At the first sign of something wrong, she snapped, yelled at him, and told him that she wanted to break up. It just seemed too quick, and though she did have a bit of a reason, she should have talked to him.

 All the awesome, or creepy, characters were back! Nora proves herself to be strong and independent in this book, Vee is hilarious, Marcie makes more of an appearance, Patch is always there when something bad or dangerous happens, and newer, threatening characters walk in and out of the shadows. All the characters interested me and kept me wanting to read on and on.

 The plot in these books are always surprising, and just the same with Crescendo. The plot holds such a sense of mysterey, and danger. I always felt a creepy feeling lurking around me when I read these books. I was constantly guessing what was going to happen, and how everything would work out, and I was always wrong! Other times, I would have no idea what was going to happen, and that just kept my eyes glued to the pages. I wanted so badly to figure out what was going to happen!

 There is a big cliff hanger at the end of this one, and I am sad to know that I will have to wait almost a whole year to read the next one. Sob. But Crescendo was a book that exceeded my expectations!

No comments: