Monday, December 13, 2010

Wicked Lovely


Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Book #1 of the Wicked Lovely series
Pages: 328
My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Review:
 Aislinn has always been able to see faeries. She, and everyone girl in her family before her has had the gift. But the faeries aren't nice. They live in a dark world. And no matter what Aislinn tries, one faerie, Keenan won't leave her alone. And that just starts Aislinn's descend into her realization of her destiny, and the dark world of the fey.

  I loved this book. It is beautiful and dark. Wicked Lovely is told in 3rd person, but there is three point of views alternating between the chapters. The point of views are Aislinn the main character, Keenan, the Summer Faerie King, and Donia, a faerie having paid for her choices.

  The world of the fey was so interesting, and so riveting, not to mention dark. But the darkness of this book was fascinating, and the world of the fey was described beautifully. Wicked Lovely is very accurate but intense and beautiful on the topic of faerie lore. This book definitely wrapped me up and kept me reading in this area.

 I loved the characters in Wicked Lovely. They are characters I don't think I could ever forget. They have all become very special to me. I am excited to here more from them in future books. Aislinn was a great main character, and I loved to watch her change and overcome her struggle on her ability to see faeries. How she could view it differently, and how she could reach out to others to help her and support her. At the same time, I loved her and Seth's love story, and it was very sweet and romatic. It came on just at the right time, and was not full blown, and neither did it come on too fast or two slow. Just perfect. But I did sortive feel as if their relationship was a little more 2D. There was not many other emotions, feelings, not even conversations or thoughts between them, either than love. Though, Seth and Aislinn were enjoyable characters, I liked Keenan and Donia alot more. They were my favourite characters in Wicked Lovely. I liked how there was alot more emotions between them, and their relationship was like a big rollercoaster ride. I felt really bad for Donia, and I understand her. Let's just say that I loved their ending.

 I loved Seth and Aislinn's ending too. Frankly, Wicked Lovely has one of my favourite endings ever. It's sweet and romatic, and I was so overcome with emotion. It was epic and romantic, but at the same time it gave me the warm fuzzies. I can't wait to here more about the world in Wicked Lovely, and the beloved, unforgettable characters!

No comments: