Sunday, December 12, 2010

Envy


Envy
Author: Anna Godbersen
The Luxe Series Book #3
Pages: 405
My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Review:
 Elizabeth Holland has had a dramatic homecoming, and arrives to alot of new gossip. Trouble is everywhere, in the differences very noticeable betweem Elizabeth and her sister Diana, and for newly weds Penelope and Henry. The society climbing Carolina Broad has appeared out of nowhere to the society, but she has proven herself useful to the gossip world of Old New York. Everything might seem fine, but sometimes the most practiced smiles hold the scandalous secrets.

  Wow, well, I don't have much to say about Envy. I was such a great book, and again brought back all the beloved elements in The Luxe and Rumors.

  The setting I was so excited to go back to. The setting in The Luxe Series is New York City of 1899, and all I can say is that it is fantastic. There is such an air to that era, that is amazing. There are so many historical details in Envy, like The Luxe and Rumors, and they are accurate and gorgeously described.

 Well, all those great characters are back yet again! They all have new parts to play, and they are all full of new feelings and emotions. I can say I still want to hear more from them. I also felt myself really feeling for the characters. I liked Envy for spicing it up a bit, drawing in new characters, and new relationships. So much happens in this book to all the beloved characters, though Envy was pretty much just the book to set up all the events that will happen in Splendor, the last book.

 Overall, an amazing book. Envy really caught the era just right again, and Splendor, the 4th and last book in The Luxe series, is at the top of my reading list.

No comments: