Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Lost Saint

The Lost Saint
Author: Bree Despain
Pages: 404
The Dark Divine #2
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
  The non-stop sequel to The Dark Divine delivers an even hotter romance and more thrilling action than Bree Despain's first novel.  Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi.  She gave her soul to the wolf to save him and lost her beloved mother.  When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do.  She must become a Hound of Heaven.  Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot - a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero.  But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel begins to crumble.  Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace becomes prideful in her new abilities - not realizing that an old enemy has returned and deadly trap is about to be sprung.  Readers, raveous for more Grace and Daniel, will be itching to sink their teeth into The Lost Saint.

My Review:
 Okay, I am just going to flat out say this: I am going to have a really bad review. I wish I could do a good review, but for a book THIS GOOD, with such an awesome heartthrob guy and a killer cliffhanger ending, it's hard. And especially since I love love love werewolves. But The Lost Saint rocked.

 I always highly await the second book in a series like this, but dread it at the same time. Why? Because a second book normally means the awesome couple in the book break-up or break apart. But I loved this one. Daniel and Grace did drift apart, but I loved it how they didn't drift very far apart. Daniel was still there. (And......the conversation Daniel and Grace had in the cell when they were chained up near the end-it was so sweet. I can assure you that you will be saying awwwwwww, too!)

 Daniel is one of my favorite guy characters in a book......someone I have a major crush on. And though I wish I could have Daniel, he and Grace are just the cutest couple, destined to be together. I like Grace because she is so brave and full of love, and she's not just the little pastor's daughter anymore. It was really interesting reading about her journey as an Urbat in The Lost Saint. It was also interesting when she almost lost herself to the wolf, the few times she did. And the thing is, I loved how they both don't just love eachother for looks, and that is so, so clear in these books.

 The sense of mysterey in this book was just so so so awesome, just like in The Dark Divine. The plot is surprising and original, and there was not a moment where I was not screaming; "What? What? What? Who? When? Why? I want to find out!"

 The new characters and the ones that returned were part of the plot, too, and I also had so many questions about them. Bree Despain does a great job in creating very intirguing, mysterious characters. I feel so bad for Talbot, but he was such an interesting read. There was no way I could see how this book ended for him. (And he didn't die, I promise!)

 Overall, The Lost Saint freaking rocked. Yes. It did. And that crazy cliffhanger ending......that completely KILLED me. I can't wait to see what the next book in this series will hold. A big applause to Bree Despain for such an awesome read!

No comments: