Saturday, March 19, 2011

Entice by Carrie Jones

Entice
Author: Carrie Jones
Need #3
Published by Bloomsbury USA
Pages: 264
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.


My Review:
*Warning...this may contain spoilers if you have not read the PREVIOUS TWO books.*

 Entice was another pretty awesome book about Zara and her fantastic group of friends. I know I definitely can't wait for the next one! (I originally thought this was just a trilogy, but then I got to the end, and new at once that it was not. Then I went on Goodreads and found the fourth book.)

 There was a fantastic group of characters in this novel, just like in the two previous novels, Need and Captivate. I loved reading more and more about Zara and her friends Issy, Devyn, Cassidy, and Nick. (Even though he was taken to Valhalla!) Then there's Astley. He's officially my favourite character in this series, and I will repeat from my review of Captivate that I still have a bit of a crush on Nick, but Zara can have him, since Astley's MINE. I enjoyed him even more in Entice than I did when he was first introduced in Captivate. He's a very complex and intriguing character; there's no way I'll ever get enough of him!

 I've always loved the pixies/weres that are really the main essence in this series. Then they added all this awesome stuff about Valhalla, not to mention some other awesome stuff from Norse Mythology. I really enjoyed how there's much more on Norse Mythology in this book, tons more than Captivate, and I was totally swept away reading about it. I actually do not know much on that subject, so this was my first glimpse of Norse Mythology. Very intriguing.

 Overall, this was another superb book in the Need series, and even though the ending was not so cliff hangerish, I'm clamouring for the next book!

No comments: