Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)

The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 358
Published by Harlequin Teen
Published January 25th 2011
The Iron Fey #3
Other Titles in Series: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Grade: A

Summary: (From Goodreads)
 My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

My Review:
Oh my goodness-freaking-gracious! This is definitely my favorite book in the series so far. My heart totally ripped appart at the end. The Iron Queen was by far the best in the series (so far,) and now I am drooling over book four, Ash's Story, The Iron Knight! If I could sum this book up in three words they would be: romantic, awesome and magical.

I don't have much to say, since I have put up reviews for the Iron King and the Iron Queen, I don't have much to say, since I've said it all about this series before.

That group of beloved characters that are (obviously) dear to me were back! Meghan has always been an entertaininly fierce but level-headed main character. I loved how she decided that she wanted to learn to fight, and I laughed watching her practices with Ash and Puck. Ash was the biggest hearthrob for me as ever. All the other characters also really added to the novel, I can't wait for more of them!

The lovestory was so sweet and cute....I couldn't get enough of Ash and Megan!

The amazing world of faerie lore that comes along with these books was incredible.....there were still new things to be discovered, which added thta bit of extra tension to the book. Not to mention how well Julie Kagawa was able to mix in creatures from the lore into the plot....which came our ingenious!


That ENDING!!! Urgh! I almost started crying....I was so sad. Now I don't know what to do! Oh well, I can just for February 2012 for the Iron Knight!

No comments: