Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater


Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)

Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Other Titles in Trilogy: Shiver, Linger
Pages: 390
Published by Scholastic
Release Date: July 12th 2011
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.


My Review:
I am so sad to see this trilogy end. To be honest, I cannot pinpoint which one happens to be my favorite, but Forever definitely lived up to my expectations. (Perhaps Linger is my favorite. As you can see, I'm not sure.) Forever, though, was a very emotional journey for each of the four main characters. These four main characters are what really make this story for me and made this trilogy one of my favorites.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but there is something truely addictive about the werewolf lore in this series. I love how it is so intertwined with the plot. I also enjoy how it is, in some ways, packed down to logical explanations of science. (With a paranormal twist, obviously.)

Maggie's writing was as gorgeous as always. I think I appreciated it the most in this book, as she creates a beautiful balance of keeping the reader engaged and entertained, but while using the most fluid and lyrical sentences and displaying each character's inner turmoil.

But I think the thing that ultimately makes the book for me is the characters. They made me so frustrated. They made me laugh and cry and smile. I don't think I appreciated Sam and Grace in Shiver and Linger as much as I did in Forever. I think they stuck to me most in this book. But I really do love them as characters. I think they're more lovable when they're together, though. My absolute favorites in this trilogy happen to be Isabel and Cole, though. I absolutely adore Cole. He's hot, he's different, he's lost, he's a genius. He's also hilarious. I loved reading as Cole and Isabel played a constant tug a war game with each other. I was definitely screaming and rooting for them every minute. They add that breath of fresh air to this book. They really make these books what they are for me.

This was a hard review to write. It did take me a while to get my thoughts together. I am sad to see this series end. But what a beautiful ending it was. If you have not read this trilogy......please, please, please read it. PLEASE!

No comments: