Thursday, October 14, 2010

Spells and The Dark Divine

I'll keep this quick this time. Like I said, I'd do my next blog post on my reviews of The Dark Divine and Spells. So, here they are!


Spells
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Pages: 359
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Favourite things about Spells:
-The description
-The characters
-Avalon/the setting

My Review:

Wow!!! What a strong, amazing sequel. There are very rare times for me when I like the second in a series better then the first. But Spells was fantastic! It’s even better then Wings!!!!!!
The cover for Spells is gorgeous. It drew me in again, just like Wings. This book sucks you out when you still want more.


First of all, I’d like to call upon the amazing description in Spells. This book would definitely not be the same without it! It was truly amazing and incredible, making everything seem much more magical. I especially loved the settings in Avalon, they seemed absolutely breathtaking. Again, you learn more on the world of faerie through Avalon. I loved learning about each type of faerie, it seemed so cool. It was interesting how they all lived different lives, as well as the winter were treated the highest, and then the fall, the summer do the entertainment, and then the spring serve. It’s a creative but different take, which made a big splash to me. Spells has a magical quality all its own.

Avalon was so amazing, with all the magic, it had a special feeling to me. It was lovely and quaint? I wish there was more of Avalon. I was glad that they put the New Year’s festival near the end of this book! It was fantastic and it explored much deeper. I loved the ballet/play.

I had tons of questions, so I read on and on. I was so exhilarated the whole time I read this book. I liked how Tamani was more in this book, and you seem to get a wider view on him. I am starting to like him more, except for that move he planted on Laurel at the end of the book with David right there! He was being a jerk.

Again, even though this book deserves a five- star rating, I was still not a big fan of the ending with the trolls, and how they kidnapped Chelsea. It’s funny how she knows what Laurel is, and she tells David and Laurel, once the trolls were gone. But, again, the climax seemed short. That’s probably just me, but………….

Overall, though, Spells was a spectacular sequel worthy of many heights. I can’t wait for the next one!!!!!



 

No comments: