Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hush, Hush


Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 391
Hush, Hush #1
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Favourite Things about Hush, Hush:
-The Mysterey
-The Love Story
-Patch
-The shivery, spine tingling feeling it gives you
-The Ending

My Review:

Excellent, Enticing, exciting.
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick was a perfect blend of mystery, romance and darkness. I received this book for Christmas, and squealed in delight when I opened up the box containing it. I was originally drawn in by the absolutely breath taking cover, and the book inside didn’t fail to exceed.

Hush, hush got my heart pounding and my blood roaring in my ears. I was on the edge of a cliff whenever I was reading this book. It was very entertaining in many ways and so exciting. This book had a very lush, creepy feel that made me shiver all the way down my spine.

I thought about Hush, Hush for days after I finished it. Becca Fitzpatrick has mastered the art of writing, and Hush, Hush fits perfectly into the group of young adult fiction.

The characters were good, very strong in their own way, and I loved how they each had a different personality. Vee was funny, seemingly a great friend to Nora. Nora was a great main character, and the romance that was spun between her and Patch was amazing. All the relationships in this book, no matter what kind, were displayed clearly and Becca wrote them beautifully. You feel like you actually know the characters. This book has great description, which totally gets you racing across the pages. You feel like you're actually in the scene. Patch is a totaly heartthrob.

I was intrigued by Elliot and Jules, and from the minute they entered this book, I knew something was up. They were great mysterious, sinister and spooky characters.

The events that progress through each chapter were very well done. Each chapter holds a special key in the plot to what happens, all leading up to a spectacular ending. Hush, Hush always had something exciting going on, whether it was the scene at Victoria’s secret, when Nora is saved by Patch on the streets or her run-ins with the guy in the ski mask.

The ending was a-maz-ing!!! I had a huge adrenaline rush as I read on and on. So much was happening and I was soooooooo thrilled! I am glad that there is a sequel (Crescendo!) because I was so sad when I finished reading.
Countdown to Crescendo……

No comments: