Saturday, April 30, 2011

The New Rating System

I admit, I am a very technical person. This is why my new rating system is going to go into effect. Probably about a month ago, Kristi from The Story Siren stopped rating her books, and instead just did a review. I was a little dissapointed by that, since I loved seeing what she rated a book. But I do think that that was a great choice for her, and I fully understand it. I still love to read her reviews, since she is such a big reader and I take her reviews (as well as others!) into account when I read or buy a book. Sometimes I feel the exact same way, when I really do not want to rate a book I just read, but for me, personally, I prefer to have a rating with my reviews. But many times when I go to write a review, I find myself going; "this book isn't a 4.5, or a 5....it's inbetween." Then I find myself really frustrated, because there is no way that I am going to get into 4.6s, or 3.8s. My goal was to sum up my thoughts of a book in my rating, and then I explain why I liked or disliked it in my review. So, I have come up with a brand new rating system. My old rating system, when I rate a book out of 5 stars, will still be up, but I will also include a LETTER GRADE rating. This is how they're going to work:

A+: Reserved for my all time favorites.....it's almost like that exclusive shelf rating that every reader has (you know, there's five star books, that might be your favs, but then there's your FAVOURITES.) You won't see this one TOO much.

A: Awesome! This is a five star book and a must-read!

A-: Still a pretty awesome read......in between 4.5 and 5.

B+: You should read this book, it comes highly recommended! 4.5

B: 4 stars. Read this, you will enjoy it! But you might want to get it from the library.

B-: In between 3.5 and 4 stars....a good read, but I might have had one or two issues with it.

C+: 3 stars. I had issues with this book, but there were certain things that I did enjoy.

C: In between 2.5 and 3 stars....had issues with it, but I might have liked one or two things.

C-: Ehhh....this means 2 stars. There might have been one thing that I liked, but I did not enjoy this book.

D+: In between 1.5 and 2 stars. Did not enjoy.

D: 1 star. I would never recommend it. (You won't see this one very much, nor with D+.)

I hope anybody who reads my reviews is okay with this! This will help me with my book ratings a lot, and this feature will be added to every single review of mine. (Please be patient....it might take a few days to do that, though.) I hope to make clearer ratings for when people read my reviews!

No comments: