Monday, September 26, 2011

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)

We'll Always Have Summer
Author: Jenny Han
Summer Trilogy #3
Pages: 288
Published by Simon & Schuster Children's
Release Date: April 26th 2011
My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Summary: (From Goodreads)
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.
My Review:
This is another trilogy I said goodbye to this summer. This one definitely tops as the best "summer beach" themed book. I decided I'd review it today because the weather is absolutely miserable outside, so thinking of sand and sun is putting me in a good mood. All have to say is that I am sorry to say this series go, even if I had a few issues with this book.

Out of all three of the "Summer" books, I think I enjoyed the second, It's Not Summer Without You, the best. But I did love the suspense used in this novel. It had me biting my nails, agitatingly flipping through the pages. I read this book in a day.

I think my big issue with this series is Belly. Seriously, she has always bugged me. To be honest, I do not get how Conrad and Jeremiah have the patience they do to stick around while she makes her decision. I think the reason I liked the second more is because she's more tolerable, but I feel as if the weeny whiny Belly came back in this book. There were many decisions she made in this book, many ways she reacted to things that just made me cringe in annoyance.

Not to mention the other characters. Oh, Taylor. I've never liked that girl. Never will. She's just that stereotypical almost frenemy but best friend type of character. I also used to like Conrad and Jeremiah. I wsa completely head over heels in love with Jeremiah. And then we get to this book. Not so much. I used to think Conrad was a jerk. I mean, don't keep pushing Belly back and forth. MAKE A DECISION. But now Conrad's not the only jerk in my eyes. They both are. Towards the end of the novel, and the nice few short chapters in Conrad's eyes did make me appreciate him. I think, even with my qualms, that the boys in this series were definitely boys worth crushing on. Belly's time didn't go unwasted!

The one thing I did love was the way this book ended. I feel as if this review only expresses my annoyance, but I did sincerely enjoy this series. Belly's decision was a good one, and I was absolutely swept away with the epilogue. I started crying when I read Suzanna's letter to Belly. I don't cry easily, and there I was; sitting there, balling my eyes out like a baby. It was such a bittersweet, poignant ending, one that I think really wrapped this series up nicely.

Overall, We'll Always Have Summer and the Summer trilogy is a great warm and fuzzy summer beach read. I'm quite sad this series ended, but I am glad it ended up the way it did.

No comments: